Thursday, June 23, 2016

Born Pretty Store Review: Clear Jelly Stamper

*Provided for honest review*

Hey, everyone!

This post has been on my to-do list for a while, and I've finally gotten it ready to share with you today! It seems like just about every nail company has a clear nail art stamper nowadays, and today I'm sharing Born Pretty Store's version with you! Keep reading to find out more!


Since I still don't really know how to make a decent quality video for this kind of stuff, you guys will have to suffer through more pictures than usual, sorry! But hopefully it will give you a good idea of how this nifty tool works!


This version of this stamper is the "crystal" version, and can be found HERE for currently $2.99 (normally $4.99) including the scraper which comes with it. The "crystal" means that the holder is a frosted clear plastic which allows more light inside the viewing tube (sure, that's what I'll call it!) than other traditional stamper holders.  As you can see below, it has moderate squishiness. It's not too hard, and I have found that it conforms to my somewhat curved nails quite well without an excessive amount of pressure.


For simplicity's sake for this review, I only tested on one nail. HOWEVER, one of the reasons this review has been so long in the making is that I've been using this stamper on a regular basis since I received it a few months ago, just testing it and thoroughly checking it out. I actually used it to create all of these nail art designs: THESE geometric nails, THESE neon chevron nails, THESE St. Patrick's Day nails, THESE vintage floral nails, and at least 4 or 5 others since then!


Anyway, for review pictures I simply used black polish and Born Pretty Store stamping plate BPL-005 to demonstrate a single image. Before I tested the stamper at all, I did use Dawn (dish) soap to thoroughly and gently cleanse my stamper head of any residue leftover from production. DO NOT use acetone or a nail file to prime stampers like this! It will cause the stamper head to become cloudy and then you can't see through it anymore!


Lemme tell ya... this picture was a PAAAAAAIN to capture! I had to hold the stamper and my camera and hold my other hand still. I honestly don't remember how I managed to contort my hands in such a way, but at least you have a clear view down the viewing tube to see just how clear this stamper is! It's incredible, this thing makes it SO easy to center an image onto your nail! I still use my other stampers for marbling and all-over random images, but when I want precision this is my go-to stamper now! Just look at those perfectly centered chevrons!


One downside to this stamper is that, unlike the newer versions that BPS offers, there's no cap to it, and it's honestly safer to leave the stamper head in the holder than to take it out repeatedly and risk damaging it. BUT I found a solution! Turned out one of my older prescription bottles is the perfect size to fit it! There's hardly any wiggle room, and it's completely enclosed and safe from damage this way! Hooray for re-purposing!


Overall, I'm sure you can tell that I love this stamper. It's reliable, and easy to use, and gives great results every time! I highly recommend it, especially for people who might just be starting out with nail art stamping. It's a wonderful tool!


I hope you all enjoyed this review. It's probably one of the most in-depth reviews I've done in quite some time! If you're ordering from Born Pretty Store soon, be sure and use my code below for a discount! Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment