Saturday, June 11, 2016

Celestial Fortune Teller

*Provided for honest review*

Hey, everyone!

Look into my crystal ball and I can show you the mysteries of the Universe! I've been wanting to try this idea for a while and I finally got around to it. Keep reading to find out more!


When I got my order from Athena Rocks a little while back, Athena had graciously included a few extra goodies for me to review! Among them was a package of assorted Zaza Bubbles, these beautiful iridescent spheres. They immediately reminded me of crystal balls, and so I thought to pair them with these spike studs from Born Pretty Store for a funky look!


I wanted to create a sort of galaxy look as a base, so I started with two coats of black polish on all of my nails. Next I used one of my stamper heads to create a smooshy marble with black polish, Orly Royal Velvet, and Orly It's Up to Blue. I topped this with China Glaze Fairy Dust and some nice glossy topcoat. Finally, I used my IBD clear builder gel to set and secure the 3 spikes and the Zaza bubble. And ta-da! Instant awesome crystal ball nails!


I absolutely love the way this came to life! I can't wait to come up with other fun uses for these tiny bubbles! If you have any ideas, be sure and share them below and I just might give it a shot! I think that using both of these decorations together really helped the stability of each of them overall, so I was really pleased with that as well. I think the Zaza bubbles would definitely be trickier to use and secure properly if you weren't using gel polish, seeing as how they're such spherical little objects. But overall I think they're a really unique type of nail decoration that definitely makes it look like you have a bubble on your nails!


And of course I had to capture a quick video of how these nails catch the light so nicely!

blah

Materials Used
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Orly It's Up to Blue
Orly Royal Velvet
Fairy Dust Fairy Dust
Spike studs from BPS
Zaza Bubbles
IBD clear builder gel

Well, have you discovered the secrets of the Universe yet? I always love a good galaxy nail! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment