Saturday, February 25, 2017

Heavenly Holo

Hey, everyone!

Will I ever get enough of holo nails? The answer is no, no I will not. I've wanted to try this design for a while, I've seen a few people on social media with similar nail art although I'm not sure who the original creator was. But just keep reading to see the holo nails of my dreams!


A short while ago I reviewed the Laser Powder from Born Pretty Store, and since then I've been looking for every excuse to use it. It's basically my favorite holo product right now, and I will definitely be purchasing more when I run out eventually! I've seen these 3D holo (or chrome) drip nails all over the place lately, so I wanted to try my own version, and I'm thrilled with the result!


To start, I applied two coats of Maybelline Bare Escape onto all my nails. I LOVE the softer holo look this gives when the laser powder is applied over it, rather than a black polish. After this was completely dry, I applied one coat of no-wipe gel topcoat and cured it. Then, I took a silicone tool and some more topcoat and created the drips, and cured them as well. Next, I rubbed that magical laser powder onto all of my nails, brushed off the excess, and sealed with regular topcoat.


You guys, I'm not kidding when I say these nails were so incredibly distracting and gorgeous in person! The 3D effect was so cool, and the holo was seriously unbelievable. These videos don't do this mani full justice, but they come close!





Materials Used
Maybelline Bare Escape
Born Pretty Store no-wipe gel topcoat
Born Pretty Store Laser Powder

What do you guys think? Are you burned out on all the holo and chrome trends yet, or are you still enjoying them like I am? Let me know, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment