Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Butterflies Glitterfied

Hey, everyone!

I think this design is fitting to post today (although I wore it about a week ago) because we finally have some intermittent sunshine today! It's basically been dreary and raining on and off for the last week and a half in addition to having flood concerns looming over us all. So some nice cheery butterflies are just what I needed! Keep reading to find out more!


Since my boyfriend got me Ellagee Crushed Citrine for Christmas, I've been looking for an opportunity to use it alongside Crows Toes Shoot the Butterfly. So, I decided to take some inspiration from the latter polish's name and go with a butterfly theme! I started off with one coat of black polish on my thumb, middle, and pinky fingers. I also applied a coat of Sinful Colors Clementine to my index and ring fingers. When those bases were completely dry, I applied two thin coats of Shoot the Butterfly onto my thumb, middle, and pinky fingers. After protecting my cuticles with liquid latex, I sponged a few layers of Crushed Citrine onto my index and ring fingers for maximum glitter coverage. Then, I painted my butterfly wing design using black polish and a few dots of white. Then I coated with generous amounts of topcoat for a smooth, glossy finish.


I also took a quick video to show how sparkly this mani was, but since we were lacking sunshine when I wore this mani it's a little sub-par by my standards... but at least it's something!


Materials Used
Ellagee Crushed Citrine
Crows Toes Shoot the Butterfly
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Wet n Wild French White Creme
Sinful Colors Clementine

I loved wearing this combo, it was oddly a nice combination of bright and vampy - perfect! What do you think? Lemme know, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment