Sunday, February 19, 2017

Comfy Couch

Hey, everyone!

You really can find inspiration for nail art just about anywhere, and this mani is proof! In this case, I was inspired by my couch, which actually has been one of my favorite pieces of furniture since I was a little kid. Keep reading to find out the details of this design!


When I was little and my grandparents would pick me up from school in the afternoons, I vividly remember sitting on their Southwest patterned couch while I ate snacks and watched cartoons. It even had a matching ottoman, which was always fun to crawl under and make forts with. Well, now that I have my own place, my grandparents said I could use the couch and ottoman from the set so I wouldn't have to buy more furniture. I was super happy! Not only is this couch just the right kind of pattern (some would call it "ugly" but I like to think of it as "unique"), but it's also really comfy, and has flat wooden arms that I can put a coaster on and rest my drink. Yay!


I started with a base of OPI My Vampire is Buff on all of my nails. After applying liquid latex around all the edges, I used a fan brush to make some messy horizontal stripes using the following colors: Orly Coffee Break, OPI A-Piers to Be Tan, OPI Schnapps Out of It!, China Glaze Mahogany Magic, and Essie Go Overboard. I layered them multiple times and played around until I got the look I was looking for. Then, I used My Vampire is Buff and MoYou London Explorer #27 to stamp some tribal accents on my thumb, index, and ring fingers. After cleaning up and applying a layer of Seche Vite, I also applied a matte top coat and added some square gold studs. 


And here's the ottoman, which I used for inspiration! I know my colors aren't exactly spot-on, but I still think it's clear that my design is tied to this pattern, don't you? Also, here's a nice close-up of my thumb design. I think it ended up being my favorite out of all of them!


Materials Used
Liquid latex
OPI My Vampire is Buff
OPI A-Piers to Be Tan
OPI Schnapps Out of It!
China Glaze Mahogany Magic
Essie Go Overboard
Orly Coffee Break
Orly Matte Top Coat
MoYou London Explorer #27

So what do you think? Honestly every time I looked at my nails while I was working, it made me wish I was back at home chillin' on my couch. Anyway, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment