Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Fox Failure?

Hey, everyone!

Like most people, I think foxes are pretty cute. So a while back when I saw @cottonconey's geometric fox nail art, I wanted to recreate it! But was it successful? I'm not so sure... so keep reading to see how I tried my hand at this recreation!


I started off by painting all of my nails with two coats of OPI It's a Piazza Cake. When it was completely dry, I stamped some triangles using e.l.f Teal and hēhē stamping plate 082 onto my thumb and ring finger. Next, I used very thin black polish and a tiny detail brush to paint some little fox face details on just a few orange triangles on each of my nails with pattern. Then I sealed with topcoat.


I think one reason the end result looks strange is my color choice of teal instead of white, and that I only painted a few foxes per nail. I flip-flopped so much on whether I liked this nail art or not, but decided to post it anyway. I'm still not sold on it, but I don't absolutely hate it!


Materials Used
OPI It's a Piazza Cake
e.l.f. Teal
Wet n Wild Black Creme
hēhē 082

So what do you honestly think? Do these even look like foxes? Is this just a case of me being too self-critical? Hey, it happens. Anyway, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment