Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My Graduation Nails

Hey, everyone!

I've finally gotten to a post I'm very excited to share with you - the nails I wore for my college graduation! Read on for more details!


For the longest time, I struggled with whether to match my nails to the dress I was planning on wearing, or to do them school-spirited and the colors of my university. I decided to match them to my dress because why not? I wore this dress from Mod Cloth and I really love it (although it's a little big so I have to wear a wide black belt around my waist)! 


I did the design on fake nails because I knew that between Baccalaureate the night before graduation and everything else going on in my life, I wouldn't have the time to paint the design on my real nails and guarantee them not chipping or anything before the big day. So I filed them to the length and shape I wanted, stuck them on some orange sticks using Blu Tack and painted away. To get the floral pattern, all I did was use a small brush with my red polish to paint some vaguely flower-like shapes, and once they were dry I took a fine point Sharpie and drew the fine lines to make it look sketchy like the pattern on the dress. Then I simply painted the numbers and caps using a detail brush and black polish. I stuck them on my nails using some adhesive nail tabs and they worked really well! And now I still have the nails to use again or store as a keepsake. Woohoo!


As for the fact that I have finished my educational career, it still feels a little weird to have no homework and not have to be going back to classes and school in the fall. But I'm sure I'll get used to it. For those of you who aren't aware, I graduated with a B.S. in Chemistry and I plan to go into the field of brewing (aka beer-making). Wish me luck!

Colors Used
China Glaze White on White
Essie Russian Roulette
Sinful Colors Black on Black

Thanks for stopping by! Photo credit to my lovely mother!


2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! *__* I can't believe you did the numbers and hats by hand! Wow much skills wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thanks! That's what I loved about doing it on fake nails - I could do little by little and really take my time!

      Delete