Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Fishscales

Hey, everyone!

I'm sorry I've been kind of AWOL lately. My dad had major surgery last week, and I also went to visit my boyfriend in Berkeley. I really need to figure out how to set up scheduled posts when I'm gone... hmm...

Anyway, this is a fairly simple design that I did over a new polish that I got. Read more for more info!


When I went to ULTA a few weeks ago, I saw that they had the Sally Hansen "Lustre Shine" line on clearance for $1.99 each!!! I had tried my grandmother's bottle of Lava earlier this month and loved it, so I really wanted to pick up a bottle of my own. However, they were out... so I opted for Plume instead. Oh boy, I was not disappointed! Lovely and smooth application, opaque in 2-3 coats, and a plethora of gorgeous shades almost like a multichrome. Check out the pics of the color shift below, although they don't do it justice.



After wearing it by itself for a day or two, I snazzed it up by trying to do some fishscales on my ring finger - freehand. Obviously I need to work on my fine details more, I'm pretty rusty! But I like the colors I chose and the way it turned out nonetheless. 


Colors Used
Sally Hansen Plume
Sinful Colors Olympia
Essie Go Overboard

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I need to revisit this idea... especially since the ONE stamping image I don't have but want is a fish scales one -__-

    ReplyDelete