Thursday, February 9, 2017

Rainbow Raindrops

Hey, everyone!

Today's post is a little late going up, but it's worth the wait! I was inspired by the ever-talented Sveta Sanders, who shared this technique a while back and I just knew I had to try it! Keep reading to find out what I did to get her look!


Since I found out about Sveta when I joined Instagram a while ago, I have always been impressed by her unique and creative nail art style. Always elegant and yet so edgy! I also love that she makes tutorial videos, and this nail art is no exception to that. Her full video link is HERE, and it's very helpful indeed!


I did do a few things differently to get this final product you see here, but it was really fun nonetheless! I started with an opaque black nail polish on all of my nails. I waited for it to dry completely, and I mean COMPLETELY. My next step was to top all of my nails with one coat of my no-wipe gel topcoat from Born Pretty Store and cure it.


Next, I used regular multichrome polish instead of multichrome powder (since I don't own any). I used ILNP Mutagen, ILNP Birefringence, and Polish Me Silly Dynamite. I applied two coats of Dynamite on my index finger, Mutagen on my middle finger, and Birefringence on my pinky finger. On my thumb and ring finger I applied some random splotches of those colors so I could get lots of variety.


After those polishes were, again, COMPLETELY dry, I used my IBD clear builder gel to create some raindrops scattered across my nails. At this point I did only one nail at a time then cured it, because otherwise the drops kind of wanted to run together a bit. But once applied, I cured the drops for about 45 seconds under my LED UV light.


And finally, the moment of truth! I used some acetone and a lint-free wipe to remove the tacky layer from the drops as well as the extra multichrome polish that hadn't been covered in the builder gel. It was like magic! I was so blown away by that final reveal!


I can't fully explain to you how satisfying this mani was to create. Because of the way the drops refracted the light, I was able to see shifts of color in these polishes that I was never able to see before! It was truly breathtaking!


And, of course, some obligatory sunshine videos to show how wonderful the shift is!



Materials Used
Wet n Wild Black Creme
ILNP Mutagen
ILNP Birefringence
Polish Me Silly Dynamite
Born Pretty Store gel topcoat
IBD clear builder gel

So, did I do justice to Sveta's lovely nails? What do you think of this look? I'm dying to hear some feedback! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment