Saturday, February 4, 2017

Absolutely Superb!

Hey, everyone!

This nail art is a bit funky. And by "a bit" I mean it's "very" funky! It's inspired by a tropical bird! But not a pretty parrot. Keep reading to find out what bird I took my inspiration from for this mani!


Recently, my boyfriend and I were rewatching BBC's Planet Earth series in preparation for the new Planet Earth II series. Probably one of my favorite creatures that was highlighted on the show was the Superb Bird of Paradise! It just cracked me up with it's brightly colored mating ritual and I just knew I had to recreate it on my nails!


I started off my design by painting two coats of black polish to my thumb, index, and pinky fingers, and two thin coats of peel-off base coat on my middle and ring fingers. When the peel-off base was dry, I sponged on a few coats of Milani Teal, one of my favorite glitter polishes. Then I mixed a couple polishes (China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle and Finger Paints Inkblot Blue) until I got the right turquoise shade I was looking for to match the bird's bright feathers. I painted the same feather pattern as the bird on my thumb, and added some accent dots on my index and pinky nails. Then I sealed everything with topcoat.


And if you're unfamiliar with this bizarre bird, check out the image below. That's how crazy and alien it looks when it dances around, and I absolutely love it!


Materials Used
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Milani Teal
China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle
Finger Paints Inkblot Blue

So what do you think, did I do this whacky little bird justice? Do you enjoy nature documentaries as well? I'd love to know! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment