Saturday, June 18, 2016

Born Pretty Store Review: Funky Floral Water Decals

*Provided for honest review*

Hey, everyone!

I've got another water decal review to share with you today! Some of you might think I do too many water decal reviews, but honestly I love water decals! They're so quick and easy to use, so they seriously come in handy if you're rushed for time but still want a detailed nail design. Anyway, keep reading to see what I thought of these!


This set of water decals can be found HERE for currently $1.54 (normally $2.37). I chose the style DLS-338 to review because it reminded me of my bedspread - lots of fun bright colors and sort of a mish-mash of floral designs and patterns. It also reminds me of a particular era of style that I can't quite place, but love all the same.


One thing I like quite a bit about this style of water decal sheet is that it's pretty free-form. That is, there's not pre-determined sizes that you have to choose from for your nails! You can cut out whatever shape or size you think is best for your purposes. One thing I dislike about this style of water decal sheet is that the style number is RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the design, so it definitely limits the ways you can cut the sheet to your liking.


I decided to pair these water decals with a stamper marble to keep things pretty simple. First, I painted my thumb and pinky finger with one coat of white polish. I always put my water decals over a white base because I'm never sure if they're opaque enough to stand out otherwise. Luckily these ones seemed to have a white backing to them, so as long as you put them over a light to medium toned base, they should still show up just fine. On my other nails, I painted one coat of Forever 21 Honeydew, and then used my stamper to marble Honeydew and China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle together on my nails. I applied the water decals with my normal method and topped everything with a layer of Seche Vite.


Materials Used
Wet n Wild French White Creme
Forever 21 Honeydew
China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle
BPS water decals

Overall I like these water decals a lot. They're (as always) easy to use and this design in particular is very unique, in my opinion. They have a certain rustic and classy charm to them, don't you agree? Remember to use my code below for a discount on your next order from Born Pretty Store. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment