Saturday, June 25, 2016

Durarara!

Hey, everyone!

I've got another set of fun anime nails to share with you today! These were inspired by another wonderful and quirky anime called Durarara!, and if you keep reading I'll tell you all about it and this design!


A little bit about Durarara!: It takes place in Ikebukuro, an area of Tokyo. Throughout the series there are rival gangs, evil masterminds, and even a headless reaper from Ireland named Celty! She's one of my favorite characters because she has a funny shy sense of humor (even though she has no voice) and her backstory is really interesting. So I chose to base part of this design on her motorcycle helmet.


I tried to incorporate a few aspects of the show into my mani. First, I knew I wanted to include the kana characters for "durarara," which is sort of the onomatopoeia for an engine revving. I also wanted to include Celty's motorcycle helmet, and I'm really proud of how it came out!


To start this design, I painted two (wonderful and creamy) coats of Sinful Colors Rain Storm on my thumb, index, and pinky fingers, two coats of OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana on my middle finger, and two coats of Sinful Colors Smokin' on my ring finger. I painted all of the designs using those same polishes as well as black. On my middle finger I stamped a funky matching-ish design using B. Loves Plates B.03 Mind Blown and Rain Storm.


I'm seriously so very pleased with how this whole design turned out! I don't do freehand nail art nearly as often as I used to, but it's good to know I've still got the knack! Have any of you watched this anime before? If so, what is your opinion on it? I'd love to know, so let me know in the comments!


Materials Used
Sinful Colors Smokin'
Sinful Colors Rain Storm
OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana
Wet n Wild Black Creme
B. Loves Plates B.03 Mind Blown

Are you guys fans of any other anime? If you are, let me know below and if I also watch it I might just try a mani of it sometime soon! Also yes, I know I have a strange heart on one of my fingers... it's because I was playing with henna recently! It will fade over time! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment