Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Hobby Polish Bloggers Presents: Fruit!

Hey, everyone!

I'm so excited to be participating in this month's link-up with Hobby Polish Bloggers (HPB)! I've been so busy lately that the last link-up I was part of was way back in January! This month's theme is fruit, and I've decided to emulate on my nails my very favorite fruit - AVOCADOS! Keep reading below to see how I got this look!


I love the ladies of HPB, and what I love even more is that nobody is forced to participate in anything. That means that busy people like me can simply pick up where we left off in the group whenever we get the chance, and I really appreciate that aspect of this group. There's no criticism and pretty much no negativity in general. It's as positive as it can be and that's why I love HPB!

Anyway, on to the nail art! Yes, avocados are indeed fruit. In fact, it's considered a berry with only a single seed! SCIENCE, YO! They're probably one of the few fruits that I could eat a TON of in one sitting, so I decided they needed to be on my nails. I started off with two coats of OPI My Vampire is Buff on my index, middle, and pinky fingers. and two coats of China Glaze West Side Warrior on my thumb and ring finger. While the second coat of West Side Warrior was still tacky, I gently sprinkled on some clear embossing powder. I was going to use my DIY texture topcoat but it had... well... become really gross! After brushing off the excess powder, I lightly sponged on West Side Warrior, and in this way I was able to get an avocado skin effect on my nails! For my other avocado nails, I used a detail brush and West Side Warrior, Sinful Colors Innocent, Sinful Colors Olympia, and China Glaze Mahogany Magic to created the tiny avocados. Aren't they cute?!


Materials Used
OPI My Vampire is Buff
China Glaze West Side Warrior
China Glaze Mahogany Magic
Sinful Colors Innocent
Sinful Colors Olympia
Clear embossing powder

I'm overjoyed with how well these turned out! I'm loving freehand nail art more and more these days and I'm pleased that these actually look so adorable. Be sure and check out the fruity nails of the other ladies of HPB below! Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment