Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Spring Neon

Hey, everyone!

Today I have a quick little Spring inspired post to share with you. It's been getting a bit warmer here lately so that's what inspired me to break out the neon! So keep reading to find out how I created this bright and cheery look!


I wanted to use some more of these butterfly water decals that I reviewed for Born Pretty Store just about a year ago. They're just so dang cute! And what goes better with butterflies than skinny chevrons?


I started with two coats of Finger Paints Silkscreen Green on all of my fingers. It's a nice neon green that's opaque in two coats without a white base coat. When it was dry, I used white polish and my hēhē 005 stamping plate to stamp the skinny chevrons. Then I chose a few of the yellow and green butterfly water decals and applied them to my thumb, index, and ring fingers. I sealed everything with topcoat.


As a bonus, look how far my nail art and editing skills have come in just under 2 years! For the mani below I used the same neon green polish, same camera for pictures, same editing program (Picmonkey.com, in case you're interested), and even the same light box. BUT since then I've learned how to pose my hand in a more reproducible way, I've started using OttLite bulbs (two of them), and I actually know how to properly color correct my photos so that both my skin tone and my polish color is as accurate as possible! When I look at progress like this, it's hard not to get excited!


Materials Used (for today's design)
Finger Paints Silkscreen Green
White franken stamping polish
BPS butterfly water decals
stamping plate hēhē 005

Anyway, I hope you guys like this simple and cute design. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment