Monday, March 28, 2016

Beware of Crimson Peak

Hey, everyone!

I'm finally back with another post! Aren't you excited? I know I am! These nails are inspired by the film Crimson Peak, a pretty great thriller that came out last Fall. It's creepy and beautiful and Guillermo del Toro directed it, so you know it's gonna be great! Keep reading to find out more!


How can you go wrong with a gorgeous decrepit Victorian mansion? You can't! And while it may look like dripping blood on my nails, it's supposed to be the clay dripping from the walls of the mansion, and the clay just happens to be blood red. If you've seen the film, you'll understand. If you haven't, go watch it!


I started by painting my thumb, index, and ring fingers with two coats of Sinful Colors Smokin, and two coats of Sinful Colors Rain Storm on my other fingers. On the grey nails, I then stamped a sort of antique wallpaper design in black from MoYou London Fashionista #8. Then I added the drips using Orly Red Flare. On my middle and pinky fingers, I created a gradient using Rain Storm and Red Flare, inspired by the movie poster colors. On my middle finger, I added one of my skeleton hand charms (painted with Red Flare) to mimic the hands of the ghosts in the mansion. Spoooooky!


Materials Used
Sinful Colors Smokin
Sinful Colors Rain Storm
Orly Red Flare
Franken black stamping polish
MoYou London Fashionista #8

If any of you have seen this movie, what did you think of it? And even if you haven't seen it, I hope you like this nail art! Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment