Saturday, April 2, 2016

Electric Roses

Hey, everyone!

I'm not really sure what I was going for with this nail art, but I liked it a lot! It was a good excuse to try a new-ish technique and also use a polish I hadn't used in a while. Keep reading to find out more!


I know, I'm missing a pic of one of my regular hand poses. The thing is, by the time I got around to editing these pics, I realized that the one angle had really bad color quality, and I had already taken off this mani. Woops!

Anyway, for this mani I made some stamping decals on my BundleMonster Lotus Mini mat. Oh my gosh, soooo much easier than the hard plastic mat I'd been using! Anyway, I started by painting two thin coats of clear polish (Wet n Wild Clear) on to my new mat. Then I stamped some roses from Born Pretty Store plate BP-73 (purchased by me) with black polish onto the clear coat once it was dry. I painted the roses with a thin coat of ILNP Electric Carnival, and then with a coat of Revlon Plum Seduction. While those were drying, I prepped my nails with base coat and color. I painted my thumb, index, ring, and pinky fingers with two coats of Finger Paints Monet Money, and my middle finger with two coats of Plum Seduction. On my thumb and pinky, I created a simple glitter gradient using Electric Carnival. When the decals were dry, I applied them to my index and ring fingers. I cleaned up and sealed with topcoat.  


Materials Used
Revlon Plum Seduction
Finger Paints Monet Money
ILNP Electric Carnival
Black franken stamping polish
Stamping plate BP-73
BundleMonster Lotus Mini mat

I've gotta say, using a silicone mat to create stamping decals is AMAZING. It makes such a huge difference in the process, and I think I'll definitely be making more stamping decal manis in the future! I hope you enjoy this design, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment