Monday, February 29, 2016

Les Nail Smiths, February 2016: CHOCOLATE!!!

Hey, everyone!

February always seems to be such a busy month. But one perk of February is all the Valentine's Day candy that goes on sale after the 14th, especially the delicious chocolate! So this month, Michelle and I decided to do chocolate nail art! Keep reading to find out how I created my design!


I wanted to create some bars of chocolate with fancy gold wrappers on my nails for this theme. I had seen somewhere that someone had used square nail art studs to create some 3D chocolate nail art. For the life of me I can't remember where I saw it but trust me, I didn't think of this clever design on my own!


I started by painting my thumb, index, and ring fingers with two coats of OPI I Saw... You Saw... We Saw... Warsaw. On my middle and pinky fingers I started with two coats of China Glaze Mahogany Magic. When those were dry, I painted the basic shapes of the chocolate bars on my thumb, index, and pinky fingers using Mahogany Magic. Then I used some nail glue to secure some small square studs to look like the little squares of chocolate. Next I took a tiny piece of makeup sponge and sponged more of Mahogany Magic over the studs. I then used some white polish to paint the shape of the peeled back wrapper on those nails. After sealing everything with my regular topcoat, I applied some nail foil glue to the white areas as well as my entire middle and pinky fingers. When it was completely dry I pressed on some gold holo foil. Finally I applied an aqua base as a final topcoat (the one that came with the Mirror Polish from Born Pretty Store) and ta-da! Beautiful 3D chocolate bar nails!


I really like how the chocolate bars are subtle but still clearly 3D. It adds a really cool effect, I think! And of course I had to take a video of the fancy foil being all sparkly. I'm so glad I finally have a way to preserve my nail foil on my nails!


Materials Used
OPI I Saw... You Saw... We Saw... Warsaw
China Glaze Mahogany Magic
Nail glue
Foil glue
Small square studs
Gold holo nail art foil
Aqua base (from BPS Mirror Polish duo)

I'm super happy with how these turned out. Now I'm not afraid to use nail foils anymore! Michelle is currently in midterms season right now, so she doesn't have her design up yet, but as soon as she posts it I will add her link HERE for you to check it out! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment