Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Stained Glass Roses

Hey, everyone!

Today I've got a nail design that I absolutely looooooved wearing! I made it using a stamping plate that I've had for a while but this is the first time I used it! Keep reading to find out all the details!


I've only done leadlighting nails a couple of times so far so I really wanted to have another go at it. And this gorgeous rose design from Born Pretty Store stamping plate BP-73 (that I purchased a few months ago and hadn't used yet) was perfect for what I had in mind! Plus, I wanted to play around with the OPI Color Paints Minis set that my brother had given me for Christmas. Doesn't he know me well?


I started off with two coats of Sally Hansen Celeb City on all my nails. This is probably my favorite silver foil polish! It's so fantastic! When it was dry, I stamped the roses onto my nails using my black stamping polish. Then, I used a combination of my own sheer tints and the OPI Color Paints to fill in the images. I used The Nail Smith Sunburn, Creamsicle, Sunshine, and Garden Addict, and OPI Chromatic Orange, Primarily Yellow, and to get a rich green I mixed Primarily Yellow and Turquoise Aesthetic. On my pinky I used a combination of the different tints to make a quick gradient on my nail. I finished everything off with topcoat.


Materials Used
Sally Hansen Celeb City
The Nail Smith Sunburn
The Nail Smith Creamsicle
The Nail Smith Sunshine
The Nail Smith Garden Addict
OPI Primarily Yellow
OPI Chromatic Orange
OPI Turquoise Aesthetic
Franken black stamping polish
Stamping plate BP-73

So many people asked me if these were stickers when I wore these! Talk about an ego booster! Anyway, I hope you all like these as much as I do. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment