Thursday, March 19, 2015

Born Pretty Store Review: Butterfly Water Decals

*Provided for honest review*

Hey, everyone!

Today I have another review of a Born Pretty Store product to share with you! It's another sheet of adorable water decals, so keep reading to find out what I thought of them!



This set of cute butterfly decals is called Yellow Wings Butterfly Design Print Nail Art Water Decals, which can be found here and currently sell for $0.99 per sheet at the time I write this post (normally $2.16 per sheet). Each sheet comes with 34 butterfly designs in a variety of colors and sizes. I love how they're all realistic colors and not super fake looking!



I chose this sheet of water decals because I really think butterflies are beautiful, but I'm not a fan of them when they're really girly bright obnoxious colors. Also, being the fan of orange that I am, I just couldn't turn down the cute orange butterflies!


I thought these water decals would be a perfect match for a new polish I got - Sinful Colors Standing Bloom Only, part of their Spring Bloomblast collection, which I believe is limited edition. It's an orange crelly-based polish packed with dark orange/red large and micro hex glitter. I picked it from Walgreens mainly because it reminds me of Monarch butterflies! After applying a peel-off base coat to my index and ring fingers, I applied 3 thin coats of Standing Bloom Only and 3 coats of OPI My Vampire is Buff on my thumb, middle, and pinky fingers. When those were dry, I cut out the water decal designs I wanted, peeled off the plastic film, and submerged them in water for about 18 seconds. I then slid them off the paper backing and placed them on my nails where I wanted them. Next I stamped vine-y leaves from Born Pretty Store stamping plate BP-19 using Wet n Wild Do Pass Go onto my thumb, middle, and pinky fingers. I finally sealed everything with topcoat. I LOVE IT!


Materials Used
Sinful Colors Standing Bloom Only
OPI My Vampire is Buff
Wet n Wild Do Pass Go
Born Pretty Store butterfly water decals
Born Pretty Store stamping plate BP-19

I'm really pleased with these water decals. Like most water decals, they were really easy to work with. And like the last water decals I reviewed, they have a white backing to each image so you don't necessarily have to apply them over a white/light base for the colors to be bright and vivid! And I absolutely love how Springy my final look is! Remember to use the discount code below if you'd like 10% off your next Born Pretty Store order! What do you think of these water decals? Let me know below! Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment