Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Too Yacht for Victorian Elegance

Hey, everyone!

I don't know, what do you think about the title? Too silly? I'm trying to work on making my posts' titles more interesting! Maybe the title will make more sense after you keep reading to find out about this nail art design!


I very recently purchased China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle, which is kind of like a much more vivid and happy bright version of China Glaze For Audrey. I tell you what, after doing my recent Wicked Witch's Wallpaper mani, this polish just begged to be treated the same way! There's something about bright colors and black that is so elegant, I think. I also wanted to use my new MoYou London Gothic plate #2 for this mani, and I really like the way it ended up!


I started with two coats of Too Yacht to Handle on my thumb and ring finger, two coats of Wet n Wild Black Creme on my middle finger, and two coats of Nfu Oh 061 on my index and pinky fingers. After all was dry, I used Black Creme to stamp designs from MoYou London Fashionista #8 and Gothic #2 plates onto all but my middle finger. On that one, I used 061 to stamp a key from the Gothic #2 plate. You can just barely make out the holo goodness of 061 in the pics above, and it's a bit more noticeable on the key below, since I took that pic in direct artificial light. I tried to get some sunshine photos but the weather has been so overcast here lately! Lame!


Materials Used
China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Nfu Oh 061
MoYou London Fashionista #8
MoYou London Gothic #2

So what do you think? I personally loved this mani and it made me feel so elegant! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. You're right - bright colours and black do make quite a statement and are lovely. I've got to say though that your index and middle fingers are my favourite :)) Love the combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :-D I was originally just going to try the bright turquoise and black combo, but then my new Gothic plate arrived and I was just itching to try it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete