Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Wicked Witch's Wallpaper?

Hey, everyone!

I'm really not sure what to call this design... lime wallpaper? Victorian slime? My brother asked me if these were Maleficent's nails last night! In the end I decided that the green I used is very "Wicked Witch-y" so maybe this is what her wallpaper looks like? I don't know, but I do know that I LOVE it! Keep reading to find out more!


Ever since I saw the press releases for China Glaze's Road Trip collection for this Spring/Summer, I KNEW I had to pick up Trip of a Lime Time. So the other day while my grandma and I were at Sally Beauty, she got it for me! This color is actually hard to describe... it's not quite a lime green, but close. It's like a lime green with almost a (for lack of a better term) puke-green tinge to it. Yet somehow it's so bright and happy! The formula was a little runnier than I'm used to, but for this look I was able to get away with 2 not-so-thin coats for full coverage on all nails. After it was completely dry, I stamped with black using my MoYou London Fashionista plate #8, which is full of lovely damask patterns. Finally I applied top coat and cleaned up and I was done! 


Materials Used
China Glaze Trip of a Lime Time
Franken black stamping polish
MoYou London Fashionista #8

So what do you guys think of this? Now that I'm posting it I feel like if I had added some purple and gold I'd have some pretty sweet Mardi Gras nails! Oh well, hindsight is 20/20... Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. It does look great! Everything: the flawless stamping and that gorgeous Trip of a Lime Time <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, dear! And OMG YES there's just something so teeth-achingly yummy-looking about it! (Idk if that really makes sense... lol)

    ReplyDelete