Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Sweater Stamping

Hey, everyone!

I know this post is a little late today but at least it's up now! I just got a new stamping plate that I've been wanting for a while so here's the first mani I made with it! Keep reading to find out more!


The plate I used for this design is Vivid Lacquer stamping plate VL025, which has some incredible knit/crocheted patterns like from sweaters and things. I have never seen another plate quite like it, all of the images are so realistic-looking and I just love it so much! To start this mani, I waited until my base coat was dry and I painted two coats of OPI My Vampire is Buff on all fingers except my ring finger, which I painted with two coats of Essie Eternal Optimist. When all of that was dry, I stamped a couple of the images using Orly Coffee Break over MViB and OPI Skyfall over Eternal Optimist. Oddly, Skyfall looks very pinkish when it's this thin, but I liked the result nonetheless. After topping with Seche Vite, as always, I finished it all off with Essie Matte About You to give a matte finish. 


Materials Used
OPI My Vampire is Buff
Essie Eternal Optimist
Orly Coffee Break
OPI Skyfall
Essie Matte About You
Vivid Lacquer stamping plate VL025

These were really fun to wear and I'm really looking forward to using this plate more! By the way, there will NOT be a post here this Thursday since I'm out of town and have run out of extra manis to post. Woops! But I'll be back next week so look forward to that! (HINT: I got some new MoYou London plates to share with you!!!) Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. This manicure looks gorgeous! At a glance it looks kind of 3D, how cool :) I love your stamping ad colour choices! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! That's what I absolutely love about this stamping plate - it looks like you've spent HOURS creating this detailed, realistic, 3D design when really it just took a few seconds ;-D lol Hooray for easiness!

    ReplyDelete