Saturday, February 14, 2015

Les Nail Smiths, February 2015: Something Pink

Hey, everyone!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! Today is also the day that Michelle of Le Lacquer Hookup and I will be sharing with you our February Les Nail Smiths designs! Keep reading to learn more about my unorthodox mani!


If you know me at all, you'll know I am not a very "pink" person. In fact, the only pink polishes I own are dusty or nude-leaning pinks. So I asked Michelle for some advice, and originally I was going to do some cute piggies or something. But when I told her that, she said "Mmhmm bacon..." AND THUS MY "I LOVE BACON" NAILS WERE BORN! 

I started with two coats of OPI My Very First Knockwurst on all nails, and I masked off my cuticles (and half of my ring finger) with liquid latex. Then I used a woodgrain-type image on Born Pretty Store stamping plate BP-L006 and used that as a bacon fat marble design, stamping with Essie Eternal Optimist, OPI Schnapps Out of It!, OPI A-Piers to be Tan, and OPI My Very First Knockwurst in that order. Next I removed the liquid latex and added a few gold heart studs that I got with an order from Serum No. 5 (unfortunately I don't think you can buy them from Serum No. 5 but any heart studs will work!). I also freehanded the I <3 BACON on my ring finger using Schnapps Out of It!. I finished it all with Seche Vite and voila! Delicious Valentine's Day nails!


Materials Used
OPI My Very First Knockwurst
OPI Schnapps Out of It!
OPI A-Piers to be Tan
Essie Eternal Optimist
BPS stamping plate BP-L006
Gold heart studs
Liquid latex

So what do you think of this unusual Valentine's Day nail art? Personally I ADORE it! Let me know what you're up to for V Day below! And be sure to check out Michelle's take on this theme, too! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. The gal at Sally's Beauty Supply today thought they were awesome lol ;-) Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete