Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Victorian Haunted Mansion

Hey, everyone!

For today's Halloween nail art, I decided to do some nails that were loosely inspired by the nail artist Pullstrings on Tumblr and these adorable Halloween nails she did last year. I love Victorian style, so why not try my hand at some Victorian Halloween nails? Keep reading to find out more!


I don't have all of the same stamping images she used, but I improvised and I'm really happy with how these turned out! I started with a base of OPI My Vampire is Buff on all my nails, and lightly sponged on Icing Posh Princess and OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons, as well as MViB, until I had a slightly aged/antiqued looking base. Then I stamped a pretty damask design, to mimic old wallpaper in an abandoned mansion, using Sinful Colors Clementine and MoYou London Fashionista plate #8. For the ornate candle on my middle finger, I used Messy Mansion MM24. The bats and the lacy skull were made with MoYou London Gothic plate #5. I used the advanced stamping technique as well as the image shrinking technique for stamping to make a decal of the lacy skull (filled in with OPI MViB). And the spiderwebs were freehand, since I oddly enough don't have a stamping plate with spiderwebs on it!


Materials Used
OPI My Vampire is Buff
OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons
Icing Posh Princess
Sinful Colors Clementine
Franken black stamping polish
Messy Mansion MM24
MoYou London Gothic #5

I tried this look with a matte topcoat on my right hand to make it look more antiqued but I actually preferred the glossy version! I really really loved wearing these. Makes me anxious for more Halloween designs! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment