Saturday, October 24, 2015

HPB Presents Halloween Silhouettes!

Hey, everyone!

Another month has passed and it's time for another Hobby Polish Bloggers link-up! This month's theme is Halloween - very appropriate! Keep reading to find out more about the look I came up with!


As you may or may not know, Hobby Polish Bloggers is a group of ladies who are all nail art or nail polish enthusiasts. We come to each other for advice, tips, tricks, nail polish knowledge, and general support. And everyone is so very nice and helpful! This is seriously such a great and talented group of ladies and I'm very proud to be one of them!


This Halloween season, I've been seeing a lot of ladies creating little graveyard scenes on their nails, so of course I had to try my own version! I went for a bit of a simplified attempt with some spooky silhouettes on a gradient background. I'm really happy with how it turned out, and I even got multiple compliments on them in public!


To start my design, I applied two coats of Serum No. 5 Orange You Sunny on all of my nails, and then applied liquid latex around each finger to make cleanup easier later. Next I used a makeup sponge to create a gradient using Orange You Sunny, Sinful Colors Smokin', and Wet n Wild Black Creme. I applied the gradient in such a way that it looks very dusky and spooky on my nails. When that was dry, I stamped various Halloween-ish images using black and a number of stamping plates. I used Winstonia W116 for the tombstone, cat, and haunted house; MoYou London Gothic plate #5 for the bats and crow on the fence; and MoYou London Gothic plate #2 for the cross (which I shrunk). I added some grass at the tip of each nail using black, and I also added a little window to the house using Orange You Sunny. I sealed everything with a topcoat.


And, of course, the amazing glow-in-the-dark effect just adds to the spooky factor! These were so much fun to look at in the dark. It really made the whole little scene on my nails come to life!


Materials Used
Serum No. 5 Orange You Sunny
Sinful Colors Smokin'
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Winstonia W116
MoYou London Gothic #2 and #5

I really REALLY loved these nails! They might be my favorite Halloween ones I've done yet this year! But we'll see what else I have in store... Be sure and check out all the other awesome designs that the ladies of HPB have created for this month below! Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment