Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Poisonous Potions

Hey, everyone!

I really love Halloween time. Possibly more than I enjoy Christmas. So I'm getting into my Halloween nail art already, just so I have a chance to get through all of the designs I have in mind! Keep reading to find out more about this first spooky design!


To whom could these dastardly potions and poisons possibly belong? A mad scientist? An evil witch? Who knows! I think I'll let you decide the answer to that mystery!


I've been wanting to try a version of Lexa's (Glitterfingersss) green bottles since I saw them last year, and I figured this was the perfect opportunity! Be sure and check out her original design here if you haven't seen them already! They're super cool!


I started by painting all of my nails with two coats of Color Club Beyond and waited for them to fully dry. Next, I used Serum No. 5 Pure Glow Getter and a detail brush to paint various glass bottle shapes on my index, middle, ring, and pinky fingers. I then used all of my other Serum No. 5 polishes to fill them in - Indi-Glo, Orange You Sunny?, and Day Glow. For my pinky finger, I mixed a bit of Indi-Glo with Day Glow, as well as some of Finger Paints Silkscreen Green to make it a brighter green. Then I added some more details to them all using PGG.


On the thumbs of both my hands, I sponged on Orange You Sunny and Day Glow to create a sort of poison cloud. I did the same on my other fingers on my right hand, but only with one color per fingers. I used my Serum No. 5's for this as well. When they were dry, I stamped a deadly looking skull and crossbones on all the "poison clouds" using black and Born Pretty Store stamping plate BP-L006.


Is it weird that I actually ended up liking my right hand better than my left hand this time? Something about the skulls and the clouds of poison looked really cool to me.


Oh, and of course I had to get some awesome glow-in-the-dark shots of these nefarious little bottles! These stayed glowing for a good few hours when I charged them before bed a couple nights last week.



Materials Used
Color Club Beyond
Serum No. 5 Pure Glow Getter
Serum No. 5 Day Glow
Serum No. 5 Indi-Glo
Serum No. 5 Orange You Sunny?
Franken black stamping polish
Stamping plate BP-L006

Okay, okay, I know this isn't suuuuper spooky, but I'm just easing into the Halloween spirit! So stay tuned for more eerie designs this month! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment