Thursday, October 29, 2015

Les Nail Smiths, October 2015: Halloween Fun!

Hey, everyone!

Since it's obviously the month of Halloween, this month's theme for Les Nail Smiths with Michelle of Le Lacquer Hookup is indeed Halloween! Keep reading to see what I did for this theme!


I've been wanting to try sugar spun nail art for a while now, and I figured I'd attempt some spiderwebs with the technique. So that's what you're looking at - spiderwebs! I started with a black base on all of my nails, and after masking the area around my nails off with liquid latex, I created a gradient using Wet n Wild SaGreena the Teenage Witch and Icing Text Me Later. It's a subtle, vampy gradient, which I kinda love. Then I sealed with Seche Vite to fully blend the gradient. Next, I put a big blob of white polish on my little nail art palette and blew on it and played with it using a dotting tool until it started to get stringy and goopy. Then I carefully dragged each little string across my nails, creating the spiderweb look. I was going to leave them like that, but the really fine strings started kinda flaking off so I applied a layer of topcoat over the whole thing in the end. 


Materials Used
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Wet n Wild French White Creme
Wet n Wild SaGreena the Teenage Witch
Icing Text Me Later

I'm pretty pleased with how these turned out, considering it was my first time trying this technique. There's definitely a bit of a learning curve to it! Michelle has been pretty swamped lately so her post isn't quite ready to share with all of you, but as soon as she creates it then I will add the link here for you to enjoy her Halloween nail art as well! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment