Thursday, October 8, 2015

Sweater Weather

Hey, everyone!

The nights are finally getting cooler here, even though the days are still pretty warm. I haven't broken out my sweaters yet but it's only a matter of time! Here's another mani to try to tempt Fall into my area, so keep reading to learn more!


Have you ever come across a polish, thought "Oh wow, I want that so badly," and then discovered it's no longer made? That was me with Cirque Hatch a while ago. Then I came across swatches of the Fall collection from Polished for Days, saw Hoodie Weather, and thought to myself "That's like Hatch but even prettier!" So as soon as it was available, I ordered it. And I am SO happy that I did! I'd never even heard of Polished for Days before, but man oh man, this polish is a DREAM! It's so smooth and creamy, and there's so much dimension to it. And it's nearly a one coater!


For my nail art, I thought this polish would look great with a sweater theme. So I used two thin coats of Hoodie Weather on all nails but my pinky finger, on which I applied two coats of Sinful Colors Smokin'. When my nails were dry, I stamped some knit sweater patterns onto my thumb, index, and ring fingers using Smokin' and Vivid Lacquer stamping plate VL025. Then I cleaned up around the edges and applied topcoat on all my nails. I tried it with matte topcoat on my right hand but wasn't super pleased with it so I kept my left hand glossy.


Materials Used
Sinful Colors Smokin'
Polished for Days Hoodie Weather
Vivid Lacquer VL025

It's hard to see in the bottle shot above, but there's even a tiny bit of holo sparkle in this polish, even though I couldn't see it much on my nail. That's okay though because this polish is seriously like my new favorite, it's so pretty and neutral and just perfection. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment