Saturday, October 31, 2015

Spectacular Sugar Skulls

Happy Halloween, everyone!

I look forward to Halloween every year because it's a good excuse for my inner child to come out and play! I love dressing up and I love the time of year and I just love everything about Halloween! I wanted to try some sugar skull nails since I haven't yet, so keep reading to see how I did!


I started by painting all of my nails with two coats of Maybelline Audacious Asphalt, one of my favorite grey polishes (this is actually my second bottle). Next I painted/dabbed one coat of China Glaze Ghostess With the Mostess on my thumb and pinky finger, and did a dabbed gradient with the same polish on my index and ring fingers. On my middle finger, I painted a sugar skull using Wet n Wild Black Creme, China Glaze Grape Pop, Sinful Colors Olympia, and a franken polish I created called Sunrise. I also used a dotting tool to create some half moon flowers on my index and ring fingers with these same color. I'm pretty amazed and thrilled that I have polishes in my collection that nearly perfectly match the glitters in Ghostess With the Mostess!


Materials Used
Maybelline Audacious Asphalt
China Glaze Ghostess With the Mostess
China Glaze Grape Pop
Sinful Colors Olympia
The Nail Smith Sunrise
Wet n Wild Black Creme

I'm not 100% happy with my sugar skull, but I guess that means I'll just practice! If you wanna see what I'm dressed up as this year, I'll probably post a couple pics on my Instagram before today is over. My boyfriend and I are dressing as Dipper and Mabel from Gravity Falls, and I made my sweater design myself! Anyway, I hope you all have a fantastic Halloween, whether you celebrate it or not! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment