Saturday, September 12, 2015

Blue Foil Fishies

Hey, everyone!

This nail art design was pretty close to being a nail fail, but it's grown on my the last day or so and I really like it now. Sometimes things in life are that way, right? Keep reading to find out more!


If you're familiar with nail art foils, you're familiar with the fact that they don't really play well with topcoat. They tend to shrivel and not really look much like what you started with. I THOUGHT I had found a solution to that. On my mani mat (that plastic sheet from the Dollar Tree that I mentioned in this post), I got the foils to work PERFECTLY with plain ol' Wet n Wild Clear. The holo still looked great and everything! But then when I did the same thing on my nails, the foils just sorta dissolved as usual. Meh... at least they're still pretty! If you have a solution to this foil dilemma let me know below please!

For this nail look, I started with two coats of Sally Hansen The Sky's the Limit on all my nails. When that was completely dry, I applied nail foil glue on all of my nails - sparsely on my thumb, index, and pinky fingers, and full coverage on my middle and ring fingers. I waited a few minutes for the glue to be completely dry, then I applied the foil. I topped them with Wet n Wild Clear and when they were dry I stamped some fish scales and fish skeletons using white polish and Hehe plates 005 and 021. I sealed everything with Seche Vite, which sort of made the blue bleed into the white stamping, but it still looks great I think!


Materials Used
Sally Hansen The Sky's the Limit
Franken white stamping polish
Nail art foil (Sally Beauty)
Hehe 005 and 021

It was hard to capture in a picture, but these nails really seem to glow from within because of the foil! I'll definitely play around with more foil techniques to try and nail down how to seal them without losing any effects. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment