Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Be the Ghostess with the Mostess this Halloween!

Hey, everyone!

It's that time of year when the weather is starting to cool down (except here where it's gonna be triple digits most of this week...), and you know what that means! Crunchy leaves, pumpkin spice everything, and snuggly evenings are fast approaching! It also means that Halloween is on its way! To start off the season, I thought I'd share a new polish I got from China Glaze. Keep reading to find out more!


Every year China Glaze releases a collection of polishes inspired by Halloween. This year's collection is called "Ghouls Night Out" and contains 6 polishes (3 neon cremes and 3 matte glitter toppers) along with the ever-popular Ghoulish Glow glow-in-the-dark polish. Of these polishes, the only one that jumped out at me was Ghostess with the Mostess, a mix of matte black, violet, light orange, and lime green hex glitters in tons of sizes. I wish I had taken a bottle shot, because it looks like graffiti in a bottle! I got this one because I love these colors together year-round and it's a pretty unique mix for a mainstream nail polish brand. For this swatch look, I applied two coats of Sally Hansen Lightening as my base color, to let all the glitter colors stand out. When that was dry, I applied one coat of Ghostess with the Mostess on my index, middle, and pinky fingers. I had to dab the glitters around a bit for even placement but I found I didn't have to fish in the bottle at all for the larger sized glitters. On my thumb and ring finger, I protected my cuticles with liquid latex and then sponged on the glitter with a makeup sponge for more full coverage. This was about 3 coats of sponging. Last I applied topcoat, but found that my thumb and ring finger needed 2-3 coats to really smooth out the nail. 


Materials Used
Sally Hansen Lightening
China Glaze Ghostess with the Mostess

I don't know about you guys but I'm really digging this glitter polish. The glitters sizes, the colors, the glitter payoff - it's fantastic! I'm really looking forward to using this more this season. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment