Thursday, September 10, 2015

Tik Tok, The Army of Oz

Hey, everyone!

Everybody is familiar with The Wizard of Oz. But its movie sequel, Return to Oz, is a lot less well-known. It wasn't very successful in theaters, because of its much darker plot, but I for one grew up watching it on a very regular basis on VHS. After rewatching it recently (I hadn't watched it in the last dozen years or so), I decided to do some nail art inspired by my favorite character from it, Tik Tok! Keep reading to find out more!


This guy is Tik Tok, aka The Army of Oz! He's my favorite character because he's really sweet, for a robot, and very noble. He protects Dorothy in her journey across Oz and he's super adorable! He needs to be wound up every now and then, though, or he can't move/think/speak. I especially like his mustache and emerald eyes!


And here's my depiction of Tik Tok on my nails. On my thumb (first picture in the post) I placed some green rhinestones to represent the Emerald City, on my index is his name, on my middle finger is his face, on my ring finger is the logo of Oz, and on my pinky is one of the keys that winds Tik Tok.


I started with two coats of Essie Leggy Legend on my thumb and ring finger. On my index, middle, and pinky fingers I started with one coat of Finger Pains Monet Money and one to two coats of Wet n Wild SaGreena the Teenage Witch. When those were dry, I painted everything with those same polishes and a detail brush, although I added the detail to Tik Tok's face with Essie Little Brown Dress. I then used some nail glue to secure some green rhinestones on my thumb and ring finger.


If any of you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend it! It's kind of a cult classic in my opinion. You can even watch the whole thing on YouTube (see below). If you have seen Return to Oz, what do you like or dislike about it? Let me know below!


Materials Used
Essie Leggy Legend
Essie Little Brown Dress
Finger Paints Monet Money
Wet n Wild SaGreena the Teenage Witch
Green rhinestones

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment