Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Farewell to Summer

Hey, everyone!

Even though the weather here is still pretty toasty (I know, I'm a broken record), the first day of Fall is quickly approaching! So I thought I'd do a sort of last colorful farewell to Summer and its vibrant colors. Don't worry, I'll keep using bright fun colors all year round! Keep reading to find out more!


There is something about glow-in-the dark things that make them so well suited for Summer. The same thing goes for paisley prints. So I combined both of those into this nail art design!


I started with two coats of Serum No. 5 Pure Glow Getter on all of my nails. I swear, this polish has a better formula than the majority of white polishes I've used - so buttery and smooth. When that was completely dry, I used my DIY sheer tints (Clear Skies, Bloom, and Sunburn) to to some random splotches on my thumb, middle, and pinky fingers. While waiting for that to completely dry, I stamped an image from Messy Mansion plate MM48 onto my index and ring fingers using black polish. I then used the leadlighting technique to fill in the design with the same sheer tints. Then I used my newly acquired OPI Black Shatter on my middle and pinky fingers. I finished with topcoat.

See this awesome glowy picture? Yeah, I took 80 - EIGHTY - blurry dark pictures before that one trying to get a decent picture. I was SO relieved when I finally captured this one! And yes, they do glow that brightly. I have to shove my hands under my pillow to sleep the last few nights. Yeesh... and yet so pretty! I love that the glow power of Pure Glow Getter was able to light up my sheer tints as well!


Materials Used
Serum No. 5 Pure Glow Getter
OPI Black Shatter
The Nail Smith Clear Skies
The Nail Smith Bloom
The Nail Smith Sunburn
Franken black stamping polish
Messy Mansion MM48

So what do you think? I have enjoyed wearing this mani so much I'm going to hate taking it off... and that is fairly rare for me. Anyway, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment