Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Somebody's Watching Me

Hey, everyone!

Today's mani is on the spookier side of things - makes it feel like Halloween already! This was loosely inspired by the creepy glow-in-the-dark nails that Narmai of PiggieLuv creates, but with my own twist. Keep reading to find out more!


I've had this design in my idea notebook for a while now, so I finally decided to do it! I was going for a kinda creepy "mysterious figure watching you through the window in the evening" look. It didn't turn out exactly as I had in my head, but I still liked the results!


I started with two coats of Serum No. 5 Orange You Sunny on my thumb, index, and ring fingers, and one coat of Wet n Wild Black Creme on my middle and pinky fingers. Once the black was dry, I applied a coat of Crows Toes Shoot the Butterfly over the black base. This polish is soooo pretty in person! It has some nice holo glitter in it that's hard to capture on camera though. Over OYS, I applied two thin coats of Jade Uau!, but I should have done only one. Because of this the glow from OYS didn't really show up at all in the dark. Drats! When Uau! was dry I stamped the crow and creepy tree images from MoYou London Gothic #5, and freehanded the stranger's silhouette. Then I added his orange eyes with OYS and black polish, along with the window border on the other nails. Next I used my franken sheer black to add a sort of ominous darkness to the top edges of the windows. Top coat and done!


Materials Used
Serum No. 5 Orange You Sunny
Jade Uau!
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Crows Toes Shoot the Butterfly
The Nail Smith Campfire
MoYou London Gothic #5

What do you think? I kinda wanted to hold off on these until Halloween but I just couldn't resist! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment