Saturday, August 15, 2015

Treasure in the Darkness

Hey, everyone!

This mani was kinda spur of the moment but I really enjoyed wearing it! It features yet another polish from June's A Box, Indied. Keep reading to find out more!


See that beautiful sparkly gold goodness? That's Girly Bits Pirate Booty which was one of the June A Box, Indied exclusives. I actually gave it to my grandma because we split the box. I got Different Dimension Ships Ahoy and Hare Polish Lost on Abalone Shores, and she got Pirate Booty, Colors by Llarowe Stormy Seas, and Serum No. 5 Whale Hello There. But I couldn't resist wearing this just once before handing it over to her!


To start off, I painted two coats of Wet n Wild Black Creme on my index, middle, and pinky fingers. On my thumb and ring finger I painted two coats of Sinful Colors This is It. I forgot how sheer This is It is, but it worked out okay. Next I did one coat (without much dabbing) of Pirate Booty on all my black nails. That's seriously amazing glitter payoff for just one coat! On my gold nails I did a combination of sponging and dabbing to do a gradient with Pirate Booty. Those nails required two generous coats of Seche Vite to smooth out but the others only needed one. And below you can see a video (not in the sunlight since it was weirdly overcast...) of Pirate Booty in direct artificial light. Sparklyyyyy!


Materials Used
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Sinful Colors This is It
Girly Bits Pirate Booty

 I love how simple and elegant this look is, and boy was that glitter distracting! What do you think? I think I need to combine gold and black more! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment