Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Succulent Succulents

Hey, everyone!

I've had a plan for these nails for a LONG time now. Like, at least 5 months. And for one reason or another I was never motivated to do them... UNTIL NOW! Keep reading to find out more about this mani!


I love succulents. They're funky and for the most part pretty hard to kill. Having said that, my green thumb has recently turned black and most of mine have died. Sadness... But I'm going to get some new ones later this week so yay! 


From thumb to pinky, I was inspired by the following succulent families: Echeveria, Aloe, Crassula (jade), Cactaceae (cactus), and Kalanchoe (flapjack). I have a couple jade plants that have lasted a good long while (thanks, Miss Peggy!), but all my others are pretty much out of commission. Oh well, that's why I painted them on my nails!


On all nails, I started with two smooth coats of OPI A-Piers to be Tan, which in my opinion is a nice terra cotta type color - perfect for succulent pots! Then for the succulents themselves I mixed a myriad of polishes to get the different shades of green and used my detail brush to paint them. I'll list them all below. On my right hand I tried to stamp an abstract geometric design with Wet n Wild Do Pass Go and stamping plate BP-L006 from Born Pretty Store. The green didn't show up very well, but that's okay. I finished everything off with Essie Matte About You matte topcoat.


Materials Used
OPI A-Piers to be Tan
Essie Shake Your $$ Maker
Sinful Colors Innocent
Sinful Colors Exotic Green
Wet n Wild Do Pass Go
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Essie Matte About You
Stamping plate BP-L006

So there ya go. Finally another idea crossed off my list! What's your favorite succulent? Honestly I like elkhorn plants the best (click here for image), but they're kinda hard to find at nurseries. Which is a shame because mine died. Sigh. Anyway, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment