Saturday, August 8, 2015

Summertime is Creamsicle Time!

Hey, everyone!

I'm not sure about you, but one of my faaaaaavorite treats during the summer is anything creamsicle flavored. Ice cream bars, soda floats, you name it! So I figured that I'd try my hand at some creamsicle nails, too! Keep reading to find out more!


Although it's not an orange creme flavored soda, I've recently been absolutely LOVING Nesbitt's of California orange soda. My grandma and I found it at Cost Plus World Market earlier this summer and oh my goodness, it's seriously the best orange soda I've ever had. Especially with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in it! 


This mani is a nice skitlette of techniques, in my opinion. I did some freehand, some watermarbling, AND an advanced stamping decal (well, actually one for each hand). The only colors I used were Sally Hansen White On, OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-Go?, and Essie Orange, it's Obvious!. Before I started painting my nails, I went ahead and made my decals. I stamped the orange/lemon/lime/citrus image from Winstonia W118 using OiO, and filled in the larger oranges with WDSM-G?. Then I applied a generous coat of Wet n Wild Clear and painted my nails while the decals dried.


On my thumb on my left hand, I did a white base followed by a freehand Nesbitt's "N" using OiO!. on my right thumb, and my middle and pinky fingers, I painted two coats of WDSM-G?. On my index and ring fingers, I did a white base with White On and allowed them to dry completely. For the watermarble on my left hand, I aimed for the center of a flower design, while on my right hand I went more for the petals. I actually don't know which I liked better, to be honest! Finally, I carefully applied my stamping decals to my index fingers and carefully cleaned up the excess with acetone and a cleanup brush. I top coated all my nails and boom - creamsicle nails!


Materials Used
Sally Hansen White On
Essie Orange, it's Obvious!
OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-Go?
Wet n Wild Clear
Winstonia W118

Overall I'm really pleased with how this came out. I've been slowly getting better with watermarbling and stamping decals, so you might be seeing more of those in the future! What's your favorite summer treat? Let me know below! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment