Thursday, May 21, 2015

You Jelly?

Hey, everyone!

Since the weather has been getting MUCH warmer here in NorCal, I feel like my body has officially transitioned to Summer mode even though it's still technically Spring. Oh well! Hence you'll probably start seeing a lot of brighter colors on my nails from now until fall. So keep on reading to find out more about this bright and fun look!


Sometimes I'm a bit late to certain fads in nail art. In this case, it's the Bundle Monster Sunkissed Collection. Although in my defense, it didn't seem as interesting when it was released in the middle of Fall... sigh. Get with it, marketing people! Anyway, I recently ordered a set of these plates from Amazon. I had to send the first set back because one of the plates was a duplicate and I didn't receive another plate (weird) but I returned it and got it all sorted out pretty quickly! Overall I absolutely adore these stamping plates and I can see myself using them a lot this summer. Pretty much every image (with the exception of maybe 3 or 4) were etched really well, and the ones that aren't are ones I won't really use much anyway. Woot!

One of the reasons I wanted these plates so badly were for these jellyfish images. I reeeeally love jellyfish! So I decided to to a mani inspired by Japanese Sea Nettles, which are one of my favorite kinds of jellies. I didn't have exactly the right colors for them, though, so I made a kinda neon version! I started off with one coat of China Glaze For Audrey on all my nails. Then I masked off my cuticles with liquid latex and used the stamper marble technique with For Audrey and Finger Paints Inkblot Blue to get a dreamy/watery marbled effect. For the jellies, I stamped using BM-504 and ULTA Sun of a Gun, and using advanced stamping I filled in the jellies using OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-Go? and a detail brush. I can't believe how well all the detail in the jellies turned out! For the kelp, I stamped from BM-501 with Wet n Wild Do Pass Go and filled in the image with China Glaze Trip of a Lime Time and a detail brush. I peeled off all the latex for easy cleanup and applied topcoat to seal everything in. BOOM! Jellies!


Materials Used
China Glaze For Audrey
China Glaze Trip of a Lime Time
ULTA Sun of a Gun
OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-Go?
Wet n Wild Do Pass Go
Finger Paints Inkblot Blue
Bundle Monster BM-501 & BM-504

Not only can I hardly believe how much I loved wearing these, but I can't get over how well Sun of a Gun stamped! I'll have to remember that! What's your favorite kind of jelly? I have way too many favorites to name! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Super cute, I love the fact that you have a favorite jelly fish!! I felt the same way about these plates releasing in the middle of fall but I guess better fall than never ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I actually love all jellyfish, I think the Comb Jelly is my favorite, but Sea Nettles are definitely in my top 5 ;-D And YES, the world is better with these plates in it! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zara TracesOfPolishJune 2, 2015 at 9:36 PM

    Adorable manicure! I also just recently got this set, you really have me inspired to use it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! And yay! The possibilities with this set are so countless, even though it's mostly beachy themed!

    ReplyDelete