Thursday, May 28, 2015

THE NAIL SMITH'S FIRST BLOGGIVERSARY!

HELLO THERE, EVERYONE!

Today is a VERY special day! Today marks the one year anniversary of the beginning of The Nail Smith on Blogger! Keep reading to find out how I'm celebrating!


It was a year ago today that I decided I wanted to take my nail art more seriously. I've had a Tumblr page dedicated to my nail art for a few years, but Tumblr isn't the most user-friendly platform. So I asked around and decided that Blogger would be the new home sharing my creativity with the world! I'm so glad I did, too! I've met so many wonderful people since I stepped up my blogging skills and this blog really is a place where I can just be me. So whether you've been following me from the beginning, or you've just discovered my little corner of the Internet, thank you for your support and taking the time to check out my creations! 

I unfortunately can't host a giveaway for my bloggiversary as most bloggers do, for various reasons, but I at least thought some festive nail art would be in order! When I ordered Polish Me Silly Twinkle Toes (find out what I thought of it in tomorrow's post!), my boyfriend said it reminded him of sprinkles and that I should do a cupcake nail art with it. He's so creative! So I did these adorable cupcake nails and I gotta say, I kinda giggle every time I look at them because I love them SO MUCH! Also it makes me hungry for cupcakes... oh well.

So how did I get this cute look? I started off with two coats of Color Club Eternal Beauty on my thumb, index, and ring fingers, and two coats of Sally Hansen White On on my middle and pinky fingers. When those were dry, I did some dry-brushing with OPI Goldeneye on my thumb to get a simple gradient. I MUST remember how good these two look together! *drool*... Anyway, next I used a detail brush and Goldeneye to paint the "1" and the cupcake wrapper. I then used a small brush to paint White On as frosting for the cupcake. Then, over all the white parts, I dabbed a bit of Twinkle Toes and Polish Me Silly Freckles. Such cute sprinkles, right?? Next, I used Wet n Wild Black Creme and a teeny detail brush to outline everything and Sally Hansen The Sky's the Limit to paint the candle. Lastly I painted the tiny candle flame with OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana and Ulta Sun of a Gun


Materials Used
Color Club Eternal Beauty
Sally Hansen White On
Sally Hansen The Sky's the Limit
OPI Goldeneye
OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana
Ulta Sun of a Gun
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Polish Me Silly Twinkle Toes
Polish Me Silly Freckles

I honestly wasn't sure how this color combo would look before I finished, but I'm really digging it! Hopefully the coming year for The Nail Smith will be even better than the last! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment