Tuesday, May 19, 2015

HPB Presents May Flowers!

Hey, everyone!

It's been a few months since I've participated in a Hobby Polish Bloggers link-up, so I'm really excited to be a part of this one! This month's theme is very appropriate for the month, I think - May flowers! Keep reading to find out how I translated this theme onto my nails!


Hobby Polish Bloggers (or HPB) is a fantastic support group for nail artists and nail polish bloggers! Whether we have genuine nail-related questions or just need a little self-esteem boosting, HPB is full of amazingly sweet and funny ladies and I genuinely don't think I'd be as much into blogging as I am right now if it wasn't for them!


Ever since I saw Jacki of Adventures in Acetone's hydrangea nails back in March, I knew I had to give them a go this Spring! My grandma always grows such luscious and full hydrangeas in her sideyard and they make my heart happy. Her blue ones are always my favorite so I knew I wanted to stick with a blue color scheme for the flower. I started with two coats of OPI Mermaid's Tears on all my nails. Then I stamped with Essie Penny Talk and stamping plate QA65 from Born Pretty Store on all of my nails as well. To make the hydrangeas, I followed the same technique as Jacki using the following polishes: ULTA Jet Lag, Sinful Colors Endless Blue, Sinful Colors Rain Storm, Sally Hansen The Sky's the Limit, and OPI Can't Find My Czechbook. I layered them all over each other to creat the depth that I wanted, and when I was happy with the look I added leaves using Wet n Wild Do Pass Go and ULTA Limelight. I finished with a top coat on all nails.


Materials Used
OPI Mermaid's Tears
OPI Can't Find My Czechbook
Essie Penny Talk
ULTA Jet Lag
ULTA Limelight
Sinful Colors Endless Blue
Sinful Colors Rain Storm
Sally Hansen The Sky's the Limit
Wet n Wild Do Pass Go
Stamping plate QA65
Dotting tool and detail brush

Quick side note, this was the first successful time I tried stretching a stamped image to fit my thumb! I think it came out perfectly!! I also love how the metallic swirls look almost like a wrought-iron garden gate or something out of an English garden. This is one elegant look I could wear over and over again! Be sure and check out what the other HPB gals came up with for this month's theme! Thanks for stopping by!





2 comments:

  1. These are lovely - love the colours and your stamping looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm not usually big on florals but I loved these!

    ReplyDelete