Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Elegant Victorian Mother's Day

Hey, everyone!

This post is a little overdue, but this is what I had on my nails for Mother's Day! Keep reading to learn more!


I was trying to think of things that remind me of my mom and one of the things she's really into is Victorian and antique styled things. So I thought it would be a perfect chance to use my Victorian water decals from Born Pretty Store. You can see what I thought of these water decals in this post.


Before I started painting my nails, I went ahead and carefully cut out each of the designs I wanted to use and peeled off the clear film covering them. Then I started with three thin coats of Orly Jealous, Much? on my index and ring fingers and two coats of Sally Hansen Plume on my thumb, middle, and pinky fingers. When those were completely dry, I dry-brushed Plume onto my index and ring fingers. For the lace, I stamped with black and MoYou London Gothic #5. Next I applied my water decals, which was pretty easy and why I've been loving water decals so much lately. For the studs, I used nail glue to apply some square studs from Born Pretty Store and painted them with Plume to get just the right color to match the rest of my mani. 


And just for kicks, here's a few angled pics to show the neat gold-to-green shift in Plume!

I had a lot of fun on Mother's Day. My mom, grandma, stepdad, stepsiblings, brother and I headed up to a park in the mountains to meet with my roomie from college, Kelsey, and her lovely momma and dad. We had an amazing picnic that my mom and stepsis made and had a really good time visiting and playing games and such! It was a great time spent celebrating all the moms and I think everyone had fun!


Materials Used
Sally Hansen Plume
Orly Jealous, Much?
Franken black stamping polish
Born Pretty Store Victorian water decals
Born Pretty Store square studs

I know it was a few weeks ago, but I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment