Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mind-Blowing Neon

Hey, everyone!

The weather is getting warmer, and that means it's time to break out my neon polishes! Keep reading to learn more about this bold nail art!


As most of you know, neon colors are notoriously difficult to photograph. That being said, I tried my darnedest to at minimally edit my pics so they show the closest-to-true color of this polish without making my skin look completely alien! These pics still don't show the absolute exact color (it was way more blinding in person), but at least they're pretty close!


When I did this mani, I had just gotten a brand new stamping plate in my hot little hands so of COURSE I had to test it out, right? The plate in question is B. Loves Plates B-03 Mind Blown. Unfortunately it looks like this plate is sold out at the moment. but I have a feeling that a restock will soon come because everyone that has tried these plates just loves them! And since I suck and forgot to take some pics of my plate for this post, I'll go ahead and point you towards Very Emily's review of this same plate, because she's awesome.


To get this eye-searingly bright look, I started off with one coat of Sally Hansen White On. When that was dry, I did two thin coats of Urban Outfitters Tiny Shorts. Man oh man, this is definitely the brightest neon I own! After waiting a while for the base color to fully dry, I used my black stamping polish and B-03 Mind Blown to sample a variety of images from the plate. Every image picked up beautifully! I don't think I've ever had a stamping plate that was this easy to work with.


Materials Used
Sally Hansen White On
Urban Outfitters Tiny Shorts
Franken black stamping polish
B. Loves Plates B-03 Mind Blown

 What do you think? Is this a summer-worthy mani? Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment