Saturday, May 23, 2015

Les Nail Smiths, May 2015: Water Decals

Hey, everyone!

Another month means another Les Nail Smiths theme with Michelle of Le Lacquer Hookup! This month's them was water decals! Keep reading to find out more about my ADORABLE nail art look!


I've been favoring water decals a lot lately. They're such a quick and easy way to spice up a simple manicure, and my collection has been steadily growing the last few months. I decided to use my cute little Chi water decals that I got from Born Pretty Store. Unfortunately they're not available anymore (NOOOOO!), but I'm sharing these anyway!


As I was trying to figure out a good use for these, I thought "Cats in space is a thing right?" And Michelle helped me by letting me bounce ideas off of her! Thus, my Chi in Space nails were born! I think these are some of my favorite nails I've done in a long time! I can't keep my eyes off the cuteness!!!


Okay, how did I get this look? I started with a galaxy base. I haven't done galaxy nails in a while, and it took a little patience to get the look I wanted. I did two coats of Avon Inked Up on every nail, and then proceeded to sponge on the following colors until I liked the look: Orly Royal Velvet, Sinful Colors Rich in Heart, and OPI Take the Stage. I then used my tiny detail brush and Serum No. 5 Day Glow to add some sparse stars. Then I applied a coat of top coat to smooth everything before applying a few different water decals. Next I used a detail brush and Sally Hansen White On and Essie No Place Like Chrome to give each kitty a little space helmet. Kitties need air too, right?! I think my thumb is my favorite look, though. He seems so mesmerized by the pretty stars! And don't worry, I got a glow shot of the stars too!


Materials Used
Avon Inked Up
Orly Royal Velvet
Sinful Colors Rich in Heart
Serum No. 5 Day Glow
Sally Hansen White On
Essie No Place Like Chrome
Cute kitty water decals

Please tell me I'm not obsessed with how cute these are! And be sure to check out Michelle's use of water decals over on her blog! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment