Thursday, December 1, 2016

Majestic Mountains

Hey, everyone!

I've been tempted to do these nails for quite a while now. I was originally inspired by this mani by Coewless Polish and this mani by More Nail Polish, and then recently this version by @coyarose inspired me to finally tackle my own take on it! Keep reading to find out how I got this look!


I started by picking a blue color scheme for this design. On my thumb I used Essie Go Overboard, index finger was Ulta Jet Lag, ring finger was Sally Hansen The Sky's the Limit, and pinky finger was my own pale blue franken, The Nail Smith Cloudy Skies. On my ring finger I began by painting Cloudy Skies about 1/3 down my nail. While that was drying, I added some simple dots to my other fingers using Color Club Harp On It. Next on my ring finger, I used my detail brush and The Sky's the Limit to paint a rough mountain outline overlapping the paler blue. I continued this idea with the other shades of blue until I was happy with the shapes and amount of overlap. Finally, I added Harp On It at the base of the mountains to look like a nice sparkling lake in the foreground. 


Materials Used
Essie Go Overboard
Ulta Jet Lag
Sally Hansen The Sky's the Limit
The Nail Smith Cloudy Skies
Color Club Harp On It
Dotting tool & detail brush

I absolutely love the final look of this design. The color gradient of the mountains gives such a great illusion of depth and distance, it really looks like the mountains are receding into a mist or something! What do you think of this look? I think the color combo possibilities are endless! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment