Friday, December 23, 2016

Born Pretty Store Review: Odor-Free Latex

*Provided for honest review*

Hey, everyone!

Christmas is getting closer! So I created this festive mani using a new product from Born Pretty Store. It's their new odor-free liquid latex! Keep reading to find out my thoughts on it and how it performed!


The full name of this product is "Odor-free Peel Off Nail Latex Cuticle Guard Manicure Nail Art Liquid Tape" (what a mouthful!). You can find it HERE on BPS's website, and it is currently on sale for $2.99 per 10mL bottle (normally $7.99). There are a variety of colors to choose from, and I was sent this coral one, which dries to an orange-y color.


This product IS INDEED odor-free! It was nice to be able to use liquid latex without that nasty ammonia smell. I did notice that the formula on this is pretty thin. When testing it out, I applied two layers of it so that it would peel away in one big piece, but the dry time on this is quite fast so that wasn't an issue. I really love that Born Pretty Store is stepping up their game with packaging. The box had ingredients listed on the back, and the bottle says you should only keep this for 24 months. Speaking of ingredients, I thought I'd compare the ingredients of this product with my regular liquid latex. 
  • Odor-Free Latex Ingredients: Water, Natural Rubber Latex, Colors, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyacrilic Acid, Proplylene Glycol, Silica, Phenoxyethanol.
  • Regular Liquid Latex Ingredients: Natural Latex Rubber, Water, Ammonia, Organic Pigments, Preservative and Filling Agents.
I find it kinda funny how specific the BPS ingredients are compared to the other ones, but right away the main difference is the lack of ammonia - hence no odor! Below, you can see that this product works just as well as other liquid latex products. I used it to prevent some holo polish from getting everywhere while creating this Christmas mani!


For this design, I started with two coats of Orly Red Flare on my index and ring fingers, and two coats of Finger Paints Monet Money on my middle finger, as well as two coats of Color Club Harp On It on my thumb and pinky finger. I applied the odor-free latex to my index, middle, and ring fingers, and stamped an image from MoYou London Fashionista #8 using Harp On It. Then I removed the latex, did some very minimal cleanup, and applied topcoat to all nails. Lastly I put some red and green rhinestones on my pinky finger and thumb and secured them with nail glue.


Materials Used
Orly Red Flare
Finger Paints Monet Money
Color Club Harp On It
BPS Odor-free latex
Rhinestones
MoYou London Fashionista #8

I was pleasantly surprised by how well this product worked! I still have a LOT of my regular liquid latex on hand, but I will definitely be using this one on a regular basis as well! If you have fragrance sensitivities and have stayed away from using liquid latex in the past, this is absolutely a great alternative. If you'd like to order this, be sure and use my code below for a discount on your order! Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment