Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Born Pretty Store Review: Snowflake Nail Wraps

*Provided for honest review*

Hey, everyone!

I have another wonderful review of a Born Pretty Store item to share with you today! And they're perfect for this Winter weather we've been having lately (especially in NorCal!). So keep reading to find out all the details for this look and this product!



I have never ever tried full nail wrap stickers before, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try them! This set in particular has some super cure snowflakes on it, and you can find it HERE for currently $1.99 (normally $3.07). There are 16 total nail wraps, that's 2 in 8 different sizes to hopefully accommodate a wide variety of nail sizes. It comes in a sealed packet and boasts "Five minutes manicure speed." I forgot to take a picture of the instructions, but I will type them below as they appear on the package!

  1. Open the package and open the protective film.
  2. Remove clear cover. Select the size nail polish strips that best fit your nails. Then remove the clear covering, which helps seal and protect the strips since they are made of 100% real nail polish.
  3. Remove nail polish strip. Gently peel the nail applique from its paper backing by pulling on the black tab. 
  4. Apply to nail & gently stretch to fit. Place and smooth the applique on your nail until it is wrinkle-free, and gently stretch for the perfect fit. To realign or resize, peel off the nail strips, reposition, and re-apply. 
  5. Remove excess. Crease the nail polish strip over the tip of your nail, and remove the excess by filing in a downward motion.
  6. Optional. Put the surface coated with light oil in the nail.




I followed these directions carefully to get the best results possible. I used the wraps on my index, middle, and pinky fingers. Overall, it worked really well! I'm not sure if I could say it only took 5 minutes, but it was my first time trying a product like this, so that's fine. I noticed it was really difficult to separate the clear film on top from the actual wrap, but I got the hang of it after the second application. These had a fantastic grip on the nail! However, I noticed that after I put topcoat on at the very end, the edges of the wraps curled up a bit, especially at the base of my nails. I'm not sure if this is because you're not supposed to use topcoat, or what the issue was, but after a lot of fiddling with it I was able to get them to lay mostly flat. I've gotta say, these were a super fast way to get some cute Winter nails, so I'd call this a success!

On my thumb and ring finger, I used some holo silver foil and sealed it with a gel topcoat from BPS. So I suppose this is the only mani I've ever done that involved no nail polish! Weird... but it was very sparkly!


Materials Used
BPS snowflake wraps
Foil glue & silver nail foil
BPS gel topcoat

I think if I got the hang of applying nail wraps a little easier, they would be a really great thing to take with me to do my nails when traveling. They take up hardly any space, and overall don't take much effort to apply (just a little coordination). If you're interested in getting some nail wraps from Born Pretty Store (they have a ton!), feel free to use my code below for a discount on your order - and shipping is always free! Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment