Saturday, December 10, 2016

Chrome of the Future!

Hey, everyone!

I've got another chrome mani to share with you today! I've really been enjoying this mirror powder from Born Pretty Store. It's so easy and fun to use! Keep reading to learn how I got this look!


I'm not sure why, but this glitter polish always makes me think of space and futuristic stuff! Maybe it's the name? Anyway, I started off this mani with two coats of OPI Planks a Lot on all of my nails. When that was dry, I applied 2-3 thin coats of Ninja Polish Nebula (hence the spacey associations?) on my thumb, index, and pinky fingers.


Next, I applied a generous layer of Seche Vite on those nails and waited for it to completely dry. Then I gently buffed the area where I wanted to place the studs and rhinestones, and applied some clear builder gel as well as the rhinestones and triangular studs, then cured.


On my middle and ring fingers, I waited for Planks a Lot to completely dry before applying a no wipe gel topcoat and curing. Then, after protecting my cuticles with liquid latex, I applied the mirror powder using a makeup sponge, since I have recently found this to be an excellent way of ensuring an even layer over my entire nail. I brushed away the excess with a fan brush to get rid of excess sparkle. Then I applied one thin coat of OPI Nail Envy, which I found to be just as good of a topcoat as an aqua base would be. And that completes this mani!


Materials Used
OPI Planks a Lot
Ninja Polish Nebula
Born Pretty Store Mirror Powder
OPI Nail Envy
Studs and rhinestones

I'm still on that chrome bandwagon, and I don't see myself getting off any time soon. It's just such a great trend! What do you think of it? Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment