Thursday, December 3, 2015

Les Nail Smiths, November 2015: Plaid!

Hey, everyone!

If you don't follow me on Facebook, you may not know this, but I'm now a certified substitute teacher! I have yet to have my first day in the classroom but I'm really excited to start this new job! Anyway, that's why I haven't posted yet this week, I've been getting all the final paperwork taken care of and such. But today I have my contribution to the November Les Nail Smiths prompt, which is plaid! I know, it's already December, but who cares! Keep reading to find out more!


Fall and Winter are perfect plaid seasons, in my opinion, because cozy flannel is a necessity. At least in my household, it is! I wanted to do something fairly simple for this look just because. And I think it ended up looking pretty classy, don't you?


I started with two coats of OPI Skyfall on all of my nails. Seriously, one of my top 10 favorite polishes, easily! It's so creamy and rich and JAMES BOND, I MEAN COME ON (side note: I've seen every single 007 movie, all the way back to Dr. No)! While that was drying, I stamped my favorite plaid image in white from Born Pretty Store plate BP-L006 and added some gold details (OPI Goldeneye) using the reverse stamping or advanced stamping method. I applied a thin coat of Wet n Wild Clear to my middle and pinky fingers, and then applied the images onto those same nails. I topped all nails with Seche Vite, and added a coat of Orly Matte Top to my middle and pinky nails. Finally I added some gold studs to my thumb, index, and ring fingers using nail glue.


Materials Used
OPI Skyfall
OPI Goldeneye
Franken white stamping polish
Orly Matte Top
Stamping plate BP-L006
Gold studs

I also just realized that the two main polishes I used are from the OPI Bond Collection... good job, subconscious! I really like the contrast of matte and glossy with this mani. Be sure and check out Michelle's plaid mani over on her blog (I will put the link here when she gets it up). Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment