Thursday, November 26, 2015

Born Pretty Store Review: Ya Qin An Stamping Polish AND Happy Thanksgiving!

*Provided for honest review*

Hey, everyone!

I know... quite a mouthful, that title! Anyway, here is the last item I was sent to review in this round of products from Born Pretty Store. This stamping polish is pretty awesome, so keep reading to find out more about it!


Now mind you, I have never used a polish made for stamping before so I can't say how this compares with other brands like Konad, Bundle Monster, or Mundo de Uñas. I have regular polishes that work well for stamping almost all colors of the rainbow EXCEPT green (just can't get it to work...) so I asked to review this green stamping polish from Ya Qin An that Born Pretty Store sells.


You can find this product here for currently $5.99 (regularly $8.43). The listing says that the bottle contains 15mL of stamping polish, but the bottle says 18mL. It is a nice large square bottle of good quality, and the brush is nice and wide. You can see below that this polish is SUPER opaque, these are a couple images I stamped onto black construction paper and I was blown away! I know some people say that certain stamping polishes have an unpleasantly strong smell. This polish smelled similar to how KleanColor polishes smell, but more perfume-y, if that makes sense. Definitely strong, but not much more unpleasant than regular polish smells.


I decided to use this polish to put together a nice harvest/Fall/Thanksgiving mani for this week. I started with two coats of Sinful Colors Standing Bloom Only on my index, middle, and pinky fingers, and two coats of OPI It's a Piazza Cake on my thumb and ring finger. When those were completely dry, I used the Ya Qin An green polish and Born Pretty Store plate BP66 to stamp some vines (like pumpkin vines!). On my pinky and index fingers, I used some Fall leaves water decals. On my middle finger, I used It's a Piazza Cake, Essie Little Brown Dress, and the green stamping polish to handpaint a pumpkin and some vines. I cleaned up the excess stamping with tape, and used a brush and acetone to fine tune everything, then sealed all nails with topcoat.


Overall I'm really impressed with this stamping polish. If I didn't already have polishes that work for stamping in other colors, I'd be tempted to get the whole collection of Ya Qin An stamping polishes! Below you can see a better pic of just how great this polish makes stamped images look!


Materials Used
Sinful Colors Standing Bloom Only
OPI It's a Piazza Cake
Essie Little Brown Dress
Ya Qin An Green
BPS stamping plate BP66

I wasn't sure I'd be able to come up with a nail look for Thanksgiving, but I'm glad I was able to use this stamping polish to do so! It's really fantastic, and you'll probably see me using green stamping more often now! Be sure to use the code below if you make an order from Born Pretty Store anytime soon, and you'll get 10% off your order! Thanks for stopping by! Oh, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment