Thursday, November 19, 2015

Born Pretty Store Review: Watercolor Bubbles Water Decals

*Provided for honest review*

Hey, everyone!

Today I have another Born Pretty Store items to share with you all, as well as the somewhat random inspiration that I used for this mani. Keep reading to find out what I'm talking about!


When I saw these cute watercolor bubble water decals on Born Pretty Store, I knew I had to review them! They're so easy and such a nice simple way to add something extra to a simple nail design. I loved that these looked so delicate and minimalist so I couldn't wait to try them out!


You can find these water decals here, where you can purchase them for $2.53. Although it's just one sheet, there are a LOT of little bubbles on a single sheet! So they'll last you a good long time, hopefully. I chose the cool-toned bubbles, style "HOT-300" since I thought I'd use them more than the other color choices. I haven't tested it yet, but I believe the cute border on this sheet can also be used as a water decal. I could be wrong, though!


For my nail art, I started with a white base on all my nails. Then I used a makeup sponge and randomly sponged on tiny spots of color using Revlon Plum Seduction, Sally Hansen The Sky's the Limit, and OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana. Oh, and I masked off my cuticles with liquid latex for easier cleanup later. When I was happy with the colors, I sponged on a tiny bit of white on portions of my thumb, index, and ring fingers. This was so the water decals would show up on my base, because I had seen other reviews of these same water decals saying that they don't have a white backing to them. Next, I cut out my desired bubbles from the sheet and applied them the same way you'd apply any water decals. This time I used an extra makeup sponge to absorb the extra water, which I thought worked much better than my former tissue method! Finally I cleaned up and sealed everything with a topcoat.


Can you guess what my inspiration was? It was a drive-thru car wash I went to with my mom a few weeks ago! I thought the colorful suds on the window were so pretty and would look perfect with these water decals! Just look at that soapy clean beauty!


Materials Used
Wet n Wild French White Creme
Sally Hansen The Sky's the Limit
OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana
Revlon Plum Seduction
Born Pretty Store water decals
Makeup sponge

So what do you think? I really love these water decals, and I love even more that I found the prefect inspiration to use for the nail art! If you order these or any other regular priced item from Born Pretty Store, be sure to use my code below for 10% off your order. And remember, shipping is always free! Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment